We’re currently recruiting for seasonal positions for SUMMER 2015. We’ve also an opportunity for an experienced, customer-oriented Owner-Operator.
Please visit our Careers page for all the info you need!!
Walker’s/Capital Group of Moving and Storage Companies is an Ontario moving company with roots dating back to 1886 and has offices and professional movers in the Kingston, Trenton, Deep River and North Bay communities. The Group – made up of Capital Movers & Storage in the south and Walker’s Van & Storage in the north – specializes in local and long distance full service Residential Moving, Commercial Moving, Warehousing and distribution services, as well as residential and commercial storage services.
After each move we reach out to our customers to learn, in their words, how they found their moving experience to be. We welcome all feedback – celebrate the positive and learn from the constructive. We never stop trying to be our best and our Customers can provide invaluable insight into how our services are experienced by the folks who entrust their moves to us. We appreciate the time and consideration given to every bit of feedback we receive. As mentioned, we sure enjoy celebrating the positive. Read just some of what our customers are saying in this post.
Whether you need the contents of a large home moved, an office moved or even a few pieces moved, you can count on Capital Movers & Storage and Walker’s Van & Storage to do it right. Our moving company offers reliable and friendly service that will complete your move on time and at a price you can afford.
Moving is a time of new beginnings and major changes and moving everything you own can be very stressful. Our moving company will take extra care of your belongings and treat them as if they were our own. Our professional staff can reduce the stress of moving and even make your move a pleasant and positive experience.
Call us for an estimate on your moving needs today – whether you are planning to move your office, your home, or store your belongings, Capital Movers & Storage and Walker’s Van & Storage is here to help. We will help you budget your move, estimate the amount of time required to complete your move, explain the services that are available, demystify some of the more daunting aspects of moving and answer any questions you may have.
At Capital Movers & Storage and Walker’s Van & Storage, we take pride in knowing that much of our business comes from satisfied, happy customers who refer us to their family and friends.
Important note about Capital Movers & Storage
This might seem obvious but we just need to state that Capital Movers & Storage is … Capital Movers & Storage. We are NOT Capital Moving, Capital Moving Services, Capital Moving Inc., Capital Movers Inc., or Capital Carriers.
- We are a division of Walker’s/Capital Group of Companies.
- We have sister offices in Trenton (Capital Movers & Storage), North Bay (Walker’s Van & Storage), and Deep River (Walker’s Van & Storage). Our head office is in Kingston, Ontario.
- We have been a family owned business since Capital FIRST got started in Ottawa in 1886, owned by the Acheson family.
- Capital arrived in Kingston in the mid 1950s, purchased by the Baker family. In the 60s it was purchased by the Dirksen family. Finally, in 1987 it was purchased by its current owners, the Warner family.
- We do not have an office in Toronto, Mississauga or Scarborough.
- We ARE a proud member of United Van Lines (Canada) which is based in Toronto and is one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies – wholly owned and operated by Canadians, comprising a nationwide membership of professional, reputable and accountable independent movers.
- Our movers, packers and sales staff have all been background checked and verified. And we pride ourselves on transparency, accountability and prompt client response times.
- We are also proud members of CAM – the Canadian Association of Movers, as well as active members of the Chambers of Commerce in all our home communities.